Frequently Asked Questions
This guide is a great way to build the best email marketing strategy and we encourage you to follow it! We also have a great post on how to run a successful email marketing campaign that you should definitely check out. Here’s what you’ll find:
- Set a goal for your email campaign
- Decide on the types of email you’ll send
- Choose your audience segments
- Select the right technology
- Create eye-catching optins
- Plan emails and followups
- Craft the perfect subject line
- Write your email marketing copy
- Design your email
- Test and track your email campaign
There’s no hard, fast rule when talking about how often to send marketing emails, so we recommend that you ask your subscribers how often they want to hear from you. You can also do some A/B testing to see what frequency has the best performance.
Generally, you’ll want to reach out to newer subscribers more often since they’re just getting to know you. But, beyond that just send out emails on the schedule you’ve established and no more.
Timing is another one that can vary widely depending on your list. Our advice is to experiment with this and see what gives you the best results for your subscribers. You can check out Google Analytics to find out when your subscribers are most active and send your emails at that time.
The top 3 metrics to track for email marketing are:
- Deliverability. Your email deliverability rate is the number of emails that made it successfully to the target recipient’s inbox.
- Open Rate. The open rate shows the number of recipients who opened your email.
- Click-Through Rate. The click-through rate shows the percentage of subscribers who clicked a link in your email (usually to a landing page on your website).
Single opt-in means that once a visitor clicks “subscribe” they’re on your list.
Double opt-in means that they click “subscribe” then have to confirm that they subscribed by clicking a link in a confirmation email or other transactional email sent to the email address they provided.
For more info and tips, see our guide on double opt-in vs. single opt-in: which is better for conversions?
Absolutely! More than 83% of business-to-business (B2B) marketers send email newsletters as part of their content marketing strategy. Email marketing is a very cost-effective way for brands to communicate with their customers and email newsletters are an essential piece of any email marketing strategy.
Learn how to create an email newsletter with our massive guide.
Yes! You can find our best practices for building your email list here.
We hope this guide has helped you learn how to create an effective email marketing campaign.
In this guide, we shared the following items in detail:
- The Importance of Email Marketing
- How to Get Started
- Growing Your Email List
- Choosing The Best Email Marketing Service
- How to Segment Your Email List (for Different Audience Demographics)
- Improving Your Email Open and Click Rates
- Automation with Autoresponders