Frequently Asked Questions
Email is the best way to get in touch with us. But for urgent issues you can get on a Skype call. We also will schedule a monthly call with you, when you sign up for our WordPress website maintenance plan.
Yes. We are great at WordPress development and maintenance because we know it well. We specialize in building WordPress plugins and customizing WordPress themes. You can take a detailed look at our services here.
We can, but that’s not included in our maintenance plan. What we can do is estimate the changes needed, without any additional cost. You can then avail our premium theme customization services as and when needed.
Fixing errors on your WordPress website is not part of our maintenance plan. However, on every monthly call with your dedicated CSM, you can discuss any issues and find out an optimal approach.
We won’t let that happen. In case there is a plugin which isn’t behaving well, we will rollback to a stable version, and let you know.
It is important to ensure your website is updated on a recurring basis. A website maintenance team can help ensure that all of the tasks that need to be done weekly, monthly, and annually are taken care of. The list below will give you an idea of the some of these tasks:
- Running backups to ensure website content is saved and protected
- Making updates to any software
- Audits to check for page errors and proper redirects
- Updating content
- Reviewing website security and performance
- Analyzing visitor information to assess engagement and interests with a website
- Reviewing blog content for improvements in online visibility
- Reviewing and analyzing key pages for any content updates that could improve search visibility
- Renewal of your website domain name
- Reviewing website design to ensure it remains relevant
- Adding any new website functionalities as business needs change
- Revisions to blog content to attract new visitors
- Reviewing call to action areas to improve online conversions
Website support can be defined as fixing or identifying specific or potential issues with a website, such as debugging, broken software, backups, and ongoing monitoring. Website maintenance is defined as making proactive changes that help prevent potential issues from occurring. Website maintenance updates could include development updates, changes to content, installation of security software, improvements to functionality, or changes to a website’s design. When evaluating a digital agency, you will want to check if they offer both support and maintenance. This will ensure that issues are not only identified and resolved quickly, but also that improvements are made proactively for a better user experience.
- Software updates
- Performance enhancements
- Fixing html coding errors or broken links
- File backups
- Content development
- Search engine optimization
- Design improvements
- Development updates
- Improvements in functionality
- Analytics review
It might seem like an additional expense, but hiring a website maintenance expert will ensure that your website stays up to date while allowing you to focus on other areas of your business. Website maintenance requires frequent evaluation to identify any issues or opportunities for improvements. If any issues arise, they need to be addressed immediately or your website can potentially be at risk for data loss, which can be even more expensive to correct if it goes unnoticed. Having someone that provides managed support for your website will ensure that any potential issues are identified and addressed immediately, giving business owners peace of mind that their website will stay relevant and up to date. These types of professionals handle these types of tasks everyday, so they will also have the tools and skills required to handle any new issues that might arise in a timely manner. This will not only save you time, but can also save you money trying to educate yourself on how to resolve website related issues yourself.